
I got in the building. As I am walking from the entrance to the time clock I feel every hair on my head that isn't cut.I feel the 4 days worth of stubble on my face. I see the imaginary wrinkles on my shirt and pants.
I pass Brian- is he looking at me thinking "Wow, does he look tired, scared, and run-down?" No, probably not, but I think he is.
Is my zipper down? I check it. NOPE.
I smell my breath. I brushed my teeth in the car on the way here as usual but does it stink?
Are my pants really wrinkled?
I pass by Richard- we exchange, "Good mornings", mine is totally forced. I hope he doesn't notice. Did he? Does he think I am an anti-social butthead? I hope not. I doubt it. But I think he does.
Is my zipper down? I check it. NOPE.
I see Ken ahead and prepare my fake, "I am confident and happy" face so as not to provoke an "Are you OK Dave?" from him. He has been very observant in the past and extends his, "If you need anything let me know OK Dave?" speech a lot. Does he smell my cologne? Does he think it is too much? Is it disgusting him? I doubt it. But I think it is. Did he see right through my "fake" good morning? I hope not.
Is my zipper down? I check it. NOPE.
I see Pam ahead and try to skirt past her without her seeing me so I do not have to smile or say good morning again. She sees me just as I am past her and she says, "Good morning Dave!" as if I should have said it first. She thinks I am an anti-social butthead I know it. She thinks I am mad at her or avoiding her.
Is my zipper down? I check it. NOPE.
STOP CHECKING YOUR STINKIN' ZIPPER!
I left work today at 8:30AM- running out of the building in tears from the overwhelming fear and anxiety.

No comments:
Post a Comment